Test Management system testomat.io initially is designed as first-automation test management solution. So, it is the best possible home for your automated tests. You can track your automated test cases here, organize them into test runs, report results from test runs in real time and analyze the results of their executions. Moreover, you are able to keep manual test cases and synchronize them with automated scripts under one roof.
Automated Test Management & integrations
Importing automated tests in TCMS is a key functionality. Importer is based on built-in integrations. Importer is like a glue between TCMS and your automation framework. Due to this feature you can import automated tests from source code into a system per a few clicks and easily start your test automation management. All right, let’s look up, what wide capabilities importer supports:
Test management provides integrations via build-in importer following programming languages:
*JUnit integration provided importing test cases and sections via XML format such programming languages as:
Also, through JUnit integration there are no limitations with different types of tests. To know more detail, visit the following URL JUnit integration.
Integrations with the following testing frameworks:
- Cypress.io + BDD
Test automation management implementation
Import does not need any customization or additional extension. Just create project, inside testing project to start import find a button Import automated test cases. And the Import screen will appear. In drop-down menu pick testing framework you are using and type of testing framework. The type of your new project will influence the look of your interface, as well as its intended audience.
By type of project it might be:
- BDD Project
- Classical Project
Next, just copy special generated command and paste them to cmd in a quene. You can monitor introspection of your code. Have many tests exist and have many ware imported in result. Check errors which might possible cause during import.
Be free operating variables during import:
- Prefer the source code structure instead default code structure
- Import in a specific suite Change directory where tests should be imported.
- Import automated tests in the branch
- Auto-assign Ids
- Safe steps in steps data base
- more variable in Docs
After you’ve completed an import, you can check your automated tests. You can see tree structure. Note, tests will be marked as automated tests.
You can run your test suite and report the results to Testomat.io in real time. Other scenario, you can run your test from test management system by using Continuous Integration tools.
Available set of unique first-class test automation features, let’s mention a few:
- Out of sync – in other words, these tests are called unsynchronized tests. Because the test management system will record every change QA make and warn you if the content differs from the imported version of the source code.
- Detached automated tests – as detached tests are marked tests if they exist in the test management system but were absent on the import. Also, you may disable checking tests as detached.
- Test execution unlimited history – track any test changes by using revisions and history in Run Archive or Group Archive. Versioning Diff tools provide easy visual comparison side by side so you can see all changes.
- Link Automated tests in Jira – you can automate your test cases by assigning automated tests to them and send the test results to Jira.
- Real-time test reporting – this test management functionality allows you to report test results after at least one completed test. In order to get an overall picture of the product’s performance on time, it is essential to see as early as possible how many tests were passed, failed, or skipped.
- BDD support – business is interested in understandable scenarios. Gherkin language with BDD approach are best suit to write test scenarios in such way.
Importing as a first step in structuring testing process
Let’s go talk about benefits of test management! And you understand why you need to import your tests.
- Make automated tests available to the whole team involved in the project, not only Automation QA engineers.
- To bring the visibility of the running tests further on and show what pieces of software are actually covered by tests.
- Synchronize your automated tests with manual test cases side-by-side.
The test management app is fully customizable, integrated with your existing tools and optimized for productivity.
An application that reads a test directory from the command line, iterates through the directory looking for tests and adds them to a test suite.