Test management is crucial for test automation. Test management tool testomat.io is a unique — automation first web solution. It provides test design, test execution, test reporting and analytics for test automation. Seamless integration with popular tools like Jira, Github, Gitlab. CI\CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, and Bamboo.
It is great for Agile teams. Because the test management system organizes manual and automation testing in a single location, in particular PHP testing.
It has built-in reporters and exporters. You are able to download all your test cases developed in PHP. After than, run these tests with a few clicks with cmd i.e. Command line to see rich test results report with a number of metric scores. At one time, you can generate screenshots of your PHP tests. You are free to set up screenshot capturing or video capturing only for failed PHP tests.
The Run report allows you to track the status of automation runs and milestones in real-time. So you are able to measure the effectiveness of a test set in terms of its ability to detect faults. Makes the tester’s and developer’s work easier to test the code in PHP and report the bugs.
Why you should use test management system
Clean up the clutter with a test case management platform that makes creating, editing, and auditing scripts easy. Organize all test cases in a single location and create logical categories for execution, such as:
Implementing test management in its test automation strategy offers a number of benefits to companies using agile development, including:
Streamlines testing activities according to project goals in your testing framework. Test management system allow to find out bugs. Makes code optimized. Helps to know which tests are better to automate. Also find out the resources or parameters which are not useful from the code. Strengths your testing process. Speed up testing, build up automation quickly.
What is PHP testing?
PHP is one of the most commonly used server-side scripting languages. PHP is used for dynamic websites. CMS WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Joomla and frameworks Codeigniter, Lavarel Symfony, Yii, Zend, ect. are based on PHP. So, to deliver Quality code, it is necessary to perform testing.
PHP testing is writing specific scenarios to test your PHP code in an automated, deterministic, and repeatable way. There are numerous testing software, frameworks a boilerplate code to lead testing.
PHP applications are tested:
- Developing new application
- Developing new features
- Regression testing
- Upgrade PHP version
There are several types of testing PHP code, depending on the test’s purpose:
What we have to test:
- Front-end of your websites
By types of testing:
- PHP e2e testing
- PHP integration testing
- PHP unit testing
- PHP API testing
- PHP acceptance testing
- Functional Testing
- Regression Testing
Note, you may organize all your testing activities by logical categories for execution (mean test plan or test suites) within these types of testing as well.
By supporting different PHP testing frameworks:
By approaches for testing in PHP:
- Used with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Supports BDD testing (Behaviour Driven Development)
The importance of test management in PHP test automation strategy
- Early detection of issues
- Enhancement of code quality
- Simplifying regression testing
- Manage and scale test automation
- Increasing development and testing Agility
Advantages testomaio PHP test management
Maximize the visibility of your automation testing process with our test management web solution. Manage Agile automation testing process much more effectively. Synchronize day-to-day activities with the whole team: QA managers, QA team, Business Analysts and stakeholders. Well, let’s look briefly at key test automation features:
- Link auto tests to JIRA – you can link automated test cases as per the requirements and report failed tests to the Jira defects board automatically
- Import automated BDD tests – our test management solution provides the capability to work with BDD scenarios on a feature level. All steps are loaded to the test management tool automatically
- Automatic steps collocation during sync – seamless integration provides that automated tests are always up to date from each new import
- CI\CD integrations – run all or specific automated tests within CI\CD pipeline GitLab, GitHub or Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI
- Parallel execution support – make cross-browser testing or mobile testing in sequence or in parallel execution on multiple environments
- Unlimited test result history – plan, run and track test execution, without limiting how these runs are organized within releases.
- Rerun failed tests – execute only failed automated tests in CI\CD with a click on a button
- Run automated tests as manual – execute some of your automated tests manually within test management system or Jira
- Flaky test management – provided automatically flaky tests detection on Analytics Dashboard. With a flexible “flakiness” configuration you can decide which tests should be flaky yourself
- … and many more 👉 follow through the link to check all test management automation features
We are currently working that you find a solution that best suits your needs! To make the tester’s and developer’s work easier, testing the code in PHP and report the bugs.